Thursday, March 31, 2011

Predictable Guys

I've been slacking a bit with my blogging. Sorry about that. I have been cleaning house, and that took a lot more time that the space I live in should entail, but I live with children, and somehow the house never stays clean for more than a half hour, unless I clean when they are away for the weekend.

Anyway, I wanted to discuss predictable guys.  You know, the ones that brings no excitement to the game, and you know exactly what will happen after the first or second date. Here's how it goes:

You go out on a date on Saturday. On Sunday, he may text you and tell you how much fun that was, but he will not call you until Tuesday.  You'll make plans to go out again the following weekend, and he will text you mid-day Thursday to confirm, and call that evening to iron out the details. And then it goes on and on in that same boring pattern...So even if it's really fun when you go out, where is the fun in between?  Hello!  Tell me (don't text it!) what you really like about spending time with me. Talk to me about things that are important to you, and let's see if we agree, or can agree to disagree.  Dinner and dancing is only fun for so long.  I want the real person!

I asked a friend if they give out books on this in college that these guys live by for the rest of their lives, but he told me they were intimidated by me.  Are you kidding?  I am the sweetest, most lovable girl (read hag) around... why on earth would these guys be intimidated?  And if they are, why do they have to stick to "the schedule"?  If there is no book, I mean.

Dating is getting a bit boring  at this rate, so I am reevaluating whether it's worth it or not.  Then again, if I stop going out on dates, what will I blog about?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol... dating was hard before but now since texting its even worse... The bottom line is there are very few men who still know how to court a woman.

Ms. Pink said...

True, but can't they at least be a little inventive in their approach? Or maybe we're supposed to be bored into a relationship...

Anonymous said...

Try to move to another country.....

Ms. Pink said...

There's an idea...but maybe a little drastic?