Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lost in abbreviations

If you're like me, you are having a tough time keeping up with the language of the younger crowd.  I consistently get text messages, comments on Facebook or chat entries that I look at with a blank stare and have no idea what means.  I consider myself a fairly smart person, but every week there seems to be a new abbreviation that I have not seen before and that I for the life of me cannot figure out.

Luckily I am not the only one who has only caught on to LOL, LMAO and WTF, and a kind soul has taken pity on us and created our own abbreviations dictionary. Now I can finally understand what these people are saying!

So OATUS, I had a totally awkward moment this weekend. Ran into one guy I've dated while out with another...as I'm RME and thinking WTH, do you have to come to the same place as me? He walks up introduces himself.  I found that to be 2M2H and saw it as the perfect moment to excuse myself and go to the bathroom with a BBIAM. Yeah, I'm getting the hang of this.  Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

No comments: