Monday, March 14, 2011

Friend vs. Boyfriend

I have a theory.  Even though I have quite a few male friends, I have always said that most men and women are not capable of being close friends because sex always gets in the way.  It is not just the men...hello, we're sexual creatures too.  Even though great friendships may evolve between men and women, I still think that sooner or later one of them will want to move it to another level, and the friendship is forever altered.

Some move on to "friends with benefits" and have no-strings-attached-sex, but that too is doomed in my mind.  One will always want it to be more.  And  just as in the movie No Strings Attached with Natalie Portman & Ashton Kutcher, if the person is a friend that you truly value, and you also find him so attractive you want to have sex with him (I'm saying him, because I believe many more men than women would have sex without putting much thought into it), haven't you just found someone you really would like to date?



My solution to this is to be friends with married men or men whom I don't at all find attractive. Notwithstanding a few "drunk offers", that has worked well so far. And now that age and gravity is setting in and any good looks went down the toilet, there should be no more worries of any of them finding me attractive.  My friendships are safe.

No comments: