Wednesday, August 31, 2011

True Love

The other day, I watched The Adjustment Bureau with Matt Damon and Emily Blunt (on DVD of course, the days of seeing movies in the theater has been over for years, unless we're talking PG movies...). I enjoyed the movie, but will remember one scene in particular.

When David catches up with Elise again after 3 years, he asks her why she did not marry her previous fiancee. She answers, "Because of you. I'm not hopeless romantic. I'd never allow myself to be that way. But once I felt, even for a moment what I felt with you, you ruined me. I didn't want to settle for less."
Photo by Dynamite Imagery/FreeDigitalPhotos.net

That's exactly what I say. I don't want to settle for less. But then again, I probably could fit the definition of hopeless romantic.

I want to fall head over heals in love, feel my heart skip a beat when I hear his voice, and walk around with a silly grin on my face, because the thought of him makes me smile. I want to feel his strong arms around me and feel safe, and have the world just disappear for a while. I want to share stories, laughs and dreams, have discussions and agree to disagree. And so much more. Why settle for less, when I know all that I want is out there?  I won't.  Once you stop settling for less, you'll finally get what you deserve...or so they say. 

No comments: