Thursday, August 18, 2011

Single and Happy

I know I say being single is great, but sometimes it feels like too much for one person to handle.

Sometimes I just want to throw in the towel and have someone else handle everything.
Photo by m_bartosch/FreeDigitalPhoto.net

Sometimes I just want a little me time before I'm too worn out to keep my eyes open.

Sometimes I wish the chores around the house got done without me having to nag about it or do it all myself.
Photo by John Kasawa/FreeDigitalPhotos.net




Sometimes I want to be the person being taken care of instead of the one taking care of everybody and everything.

Sometimes I wish for a pair of strong arms to scoop me up and hold me tight and make the world disappear, if just for a few moments.

Sometimes I wish my life was so very different...

Photo by Photostock/FreeDigitalPhotos.net
...but that's only sometimes.

Most of the time, I wake up with a smile (OK, that might be lie...I'm really not a morning person! But at least I try to be pleasant)

Most of the time, I look at my children and thank God for giving me the responsibility of raising them and blessing me with their unconditional love.

Most of the time, I welcome challenges, as they make me grow both personally and professionally.

Most of the time, I look around and am thankful for what I have, because so many others have to make due with so much less.
 Most of the time, I am grateful for the love and care my friends and family show me.

Most of the time, I am thankful for all the opportunities that are available to me, and the knowledge that my happiness and prosperity is dependent on my own actions much more than others'.


 So even though being swept away by a knight in shining armor sounds thrilling at times, I'm still happily single....most of the time.

No comments: