Friday, August 26, 2011

Life, Love and Happiness

I am woman, hear me roar!!  I think it's over; my midlife crisis, I mean.  As much as turning 40 totally threw me off, I made it through the year, and have now entered into the 40+ category.  And I like it.

Rather than focusing on what is wrong with my life, not to mention my body, I am changing my focus to everything that is right about it all. 

Photo by Arvind Balaraman/FreeDigitalPhotos.net

 I joined the Facebook group "Sexy After 40" (love that group!!), and see daily on their wall how truly sexy confident, adult women and men are.  So there it is; I am sexy after 40!! 

You will no longer hear about my aging body; mostly because I am working hard to put it back in shape. I will focus much more on what works for me as a busy, single mom to increase my energy and feel better as I get older. I am finding great tips from Deborah Dennis at Fit Women Over 40 (check this blog out!!). Should I find clothes in the closet that no longer fits, they will be promptly removed without me shedding a tear or using it as a reason to talk down about myself.  No more, because I am beautiful!

I am nowhere close to where I want to be professionally, and I will admit the last year has been tough.  But what better time to redefine myself than 40? I have my goals and dreams and am working diligently to get there, and am confident I will.

As a parent, I'm sure I could do better every day, but really, who couldn't?  Rather than focusing on what I failed to get done, I am starting my "I did list", so that when it seems I failed to do anything, I can look at my list and see all the tasks that did get done.

So on this beautiful Friday (if you are in the path of Irene, it might not be so beautiful where you are, but it's Friday!!!) I am throwing out all negative attitudes and self images and starting over, this time with excitement and positive reinforcement.

A full life, love and happiness is what I will have. I wish you all the same!

Happy Friday!

No comments: