Monday, December 13, 2010

Time crunch

It's finally time to sit down and relax a little.  Busy, busy, busy!  Work is busy, the kids are in a million activities, and there is all that holiday stuff to get ready.  I'm pooped!  This is probably not the best time to try to reinvent myself.  I might have to wait till next year.  When I think about it, I might have to wait a few years.  Being a single mom, finding time to meet someone, and then actually dating doesn't quite fit into my schedule. That's a slight little hickup in my plan.

Yes, I have kids, or as my friend's mom put it: "You have to remember you have a couple of handicaps now".  Well, I love my "handicaps", and they will come first. We're past the spit up and other odd stains on my clothes, jamming to Barney music in the car (which by the way is very uncool when the kids are not in the car...), and having to help with every aspect of their day. Instead we've moved on to taxi-mom, endless invitations to sleepovers, play dates and parties, and activities most days of the week. And then I wonder how I ended up in Hagville...

Internet dating might not be such a bad idea after all.  I could find someone on the West Coast that is still awake when I finally sit down at the end of the day. I am THE least photogenic person, but I'm sure I can find a picture where I look somewhat OK, and whomever I meet online doesn't have to see me - phone conversations are just fine; no need for Skype or any other virtual interaction.  Hmmm, might have to give that some thought. 

OK, done - not happening.  I am determined to meet someone the old fashioned way, "handicaps" or not.

No comments: