Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reentering the Dating Scene

This will be a tough one.  I got married young, so I'm a little out of touch. The few "relationships" I've had since regaining my single status are really nothing to write home about. But my girlfriends have convinced me I should start dating again, so I'll give it a try.

Some are pushing internet dating sites, but I am still convinced those are just for people incapable of meeting people in the real world, so that is out. I did consider "Date a Millionaire" until I realized that everyone on the site wants to date one, but no one actually is one. Just kidding.  I really would not date someone for their money.  Frankly I am not sure where to meet a new man, or if I even actually want one. I guess the only way to find out, is to try.

For starters I set up a wish list - the qualities I think the guy should have.Aim high and hope for best; that's my motto.  So here it is:
  • Tall, dark and handsome (that means OVER 6'.  5' 8" is NOT tall)
  • Well established (OK, in these times, at least employed)
  • Intelligent
  • Good sense of humor
  • Enjoys the outdoors
  • Active
  • Non-smoker 
  • Romantic
  • Enjoys an evening out
  • Good hearted
That should do for now.  If you know anybody who fits the description, please send him my way :-)

Oh, first, please check the NOT's:
  • Long hair (read pony tail)
  • Biker
  • Gang member
  • Criminal record
  • NRA member 
  • AFA member (oh - I'll have to do a separate post just on this organization....)
  • Illegal alien

Now on to the Where.
Holiday parties is an option, but I am fairly certain the males will be sorely lacking at the ones I have been invited to so far, and girls are not yet interesting as a date.
Gym??  Yeah, that would work if I actually went to a gym.  Maybe next year.
Church...if so I'll have to find a new one. In ours they're either gay or married.

Hmmm, think we might have to go out and try the club scene. Wish me luck!  I'll keep you posted!

    No comments: