Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mr. Nice Guy

I decided to give Mr. Nice Guy another try, and met him for dinner today.  Of course I made the mistake of telling my girlfriends about when and where I was meeting him.  What do they do?  They show up in the restaurant to get a good look at him so they can give me their honest opinion of him....

I am mid-sentence as I look up and see my two girlfriends and the one's dad following the hostess to a table right behind ours. Somehow he did not notice the rolling eyes and perplexed look on my face.  Later  I got up to go to the restroom, and one follows me in to see how my date is going, and to give me the "he looks like a nice guy".  Which he is, but my list of must haves was much longer than just "nice".

So Mr. Nice Guy and I finished our meal and went outside for a walk, when my phone beeps. I have a message from my friend's dad with a picture of himself and the text "I'm watching you".  At this time I am trying desperately to keep a straight face, but had to make a bad joke to give myself a reason to giggle.  And it didn't stop there.  It was cold, so we didn't stay out for long.  We went back to the restaurant where he had valet parked, and as we are getting in the car, the three of them come out the door, stumble over eachother in the door, turn around and go right back in.  Really, can you be any more obvious?  Yes they can - I later found out they also sat at their table pointing at me while we were having dinner.  

Somehow I made it through the evening without "blowing their cover".  But clearly none of them should quit their day jobs to pursue any type of investigative work...

No comments: