Saturday, June 18, 2011

The DNA List

Don't we all have those people in our contact list that we only keep there for one reason; so we don't answer when they call?  By now there was quite a few of those in my phone, and I finally put them all on a list - DNA - Do Not Answer and gave the list it's own ringtone - "Get Lost".

Photo By Renjith Krishnan/FreeDigitalPhotos.net
 How did the list get so long?  Well, apparently I still have to work on my communication skills... Some seemed nice, and I thought they might be fun to go out with, until I got home and changed my mind.  And why go through the awkwardness of explaining why, when you can just ignore the calls?   A couple made it through that first date, and I have no desire to go on a second.  Others I met at networking events and gave them my business card in hopes of building up my business network, just to get calls asking me out for dinner and dancing.... Again, I could really use that Rosetta Stone class in body language.


So having made my DNA list, I thought it might be fun to categorize the rest of my contact list too.  This is what I ended up with:

  • LTTTAT - Love To Talk To Any Time - ringtone "I Want to Talk to You" 
  • OAWIGM - Only Answer When In Good Mood - ringtone: "Give me strength" 
  • GC - Great Customer - Ringtone - Cash register sound 
  • BCSWA - Bitchy Customer Smile When Answer - ringtone "Put a Smile Upon Your Face"
  • BFFWSD - BFF, Will Save the Day - ringtone "It's Five O'clock Somewhere" (she's the one who will save me when I think I can still handle Tequila..)
  • WTFAB - Will Talk Forever Act Busy - ringtone "Out of Time"
  • BDAB! - Boss, Definitely Act Busy! - ringtone "Working 9 to 5"
  • FIL - Family Members I like - ringtone "We Are Family"
  • FILTA - Family Members I'd Like To Avoid - ringtone "Family Problems"
  • NSWTI - Not Sure Who This Is (when I figure it out, he/she will be moved to other category) - Ringtone "Mystery Man"
Pretty sure there will be no unwanted phone calls going forward!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: