Saturday, May 14, 2011

What Men and Women Really Want

I found this page on Facebook, "Sexy After 40", which if I read it enough, I believe might cure my midlife crisis. It is refreshing to read comments from so many people over 40 who are so confident and secure in who they are, and clear on what they want.  So today I am borrowing a few comments from their discussion board.
Written by a married man re. what men really want:
  • We want a affectionate, passionate female. 
  • We want one that doesn't compare us to the last man they were with. 
  • We want one that is a woman in front of company and my tigress in the Bedroom. 
  • We want one who doesn't try to compete with Monday Night Football or Sunday Football by waiting till it comes on to start asking questions..
  • We desire one that doesn't have to ask 502 times "Do you love me" or wants to talk about my ex. 
  • We want a Honest women - not one who says I'm protected but ends up pregnant less than 3 months later..Cause that starts the Baby mamas Drama. 
  • Don't want a jealous women, You know the who's that who's that question all the time. 
  • Want a women who enjoys cooking, and taking care of the house - let me add this this is not her sole responsibility but it helps if she is cool with doing this because when i do help its better appreciated. 
  • Like a women who's into the church and one who doesn't need my approval for everything. One who takes care of herself physically and mentally. Likes to look good but not fanatical about it. Educated is cool but not a must, trustworthy ,loyalty is big..common sense is a must .Communication is big too. No screaming at each other when things aren't right. 
  • Want one who understands the difference between cuddling, foreplay and sex...because each act is different.
  • Want one who cares about how I look because I represent her when I step out. 
  • Can't be prejudice or judgemental on someone physical or emotional thought process. Can't be the type of female to start all men ain't sh*t routine when the goings rough..
  • Needs to understand that all men aren't machines and sometimes we don't feel like making love either. That's were the cuddling comes in. 
  • Respect for me and what i do bring to the table...if its not enough don't chastise me for it in a way that demeans me. ....and most of all Be Real about the love you feel for me....make it unconditional love and not conditional love.
I have to say the list is pretty long, and if any man has anything else to add, you are just being picky....

Photo by Idea Go/Freedigitalphotos.net


So what do women want?  Guess our list is just as long:
  • Women want to be adored, cherished and respected. 
  • Women want RESPECT, honesty, love, faithfulness, and your time.
    Let me elaborate:
  • Respect is the most important thing. We want to be respected as a person and as a woman; for who we are, what we have accomplished in life, how we have raised our kids, how we conduct ourselves, how we treat others etc. 
  • We want to be treated "right". I want a man whom I can trust, and who I don't need to worry about where is.
  • One who is confident, but not overbearing. 
  • One who loves me unconditionally, and doesn't make me feel I need to change to fit his "type". 
  • One who sees me as a true partner, who is worthy of getting to know the vulnerable side of me, and who can be trusted to not ever use that against me. 
  • One who is compassionate, but still strong and firm in his beliefs. 
  • One who at times likes to just cuddle, because being close is more important than having sex. 
  • One who makes me laugh, and with whom I can have long, interesting conversations....sexy might start at 40, but as time passes, having something to talk about will be nice...
    Did I miss anything?  Feel free to add your comment.

No comments: