Friday, May 6, 2011

Hats and Similar Creations

I like hats!  Sadly, the only ones I ever put on my head, are either ball caps while working out, or sunhats wile at the beach. But one of these days, I want to leave the house with the most extravagant, crazy looking thing on my head and head for an event where the bigger and crazier looking hat = the better.  I can think of two places where that would happen - a royal event and the Kentucky Derby.


Obviously, the chances of me ever receiving an invitation to a royal event are slim to none. I can; however, see myself attending the Kentucky Derby.  I enjoy horse racing, but that event is all about the hats.No other place can you put on the most ridiculous creation, call it a hat and wear it with pride.

Photo by nyfashionhats.com

                                 Photo by usatoday.com                                             Photo by philadelphianewspost.com

See what I mean?


So as I turn on the TV tomorrow for "the Greatest Two Minutes in Sports", I expect the U.S. will put on a greater hat spectacle than Great Britain did last week for the wedding.  Enjoy!!

No comments: