Friday, April 8, 2011

Iggy Pop - Not so Hot

Apparently everybody is shocked that Pia was voted off American Idol tonight.  I could care less, although I will admit she can sing.  I am still shocked at Iggy Pop's performance.

Not that he can't sing and still move around the stage, but isn't it time to cover up a little?  If I was born in 1947, I would think twice before entering a stage without a shirt on in 2011.  Dude, you're 63!  Not even grandma wants to see more of you than she has to. 





Eeeewww!  We can tolerate this on the beach, but on stage on national TV? You would think after being a performer for over four decades, the old man could afford a shirt!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, in Iggy's defense, and by no means do I think he should be shirtless, but at what age should a man always wear a shirt? I'm just saying, I am not even close to having a Chippendale body, but I think my body is better than the average American male, and I still go topless (mostly at the beach). Anyway my point is we spend most of our life doing something like taking our shirt off in public, what is the cut off age for doing that... Although, I think I'm still decent looking naked, oops I mean topless I'm sure the younger generation ladies are saying the same thing about me that the rest of us are saying about Iggy. Man, this sucks, do I have to start laying out on the beach with a shirt on...

Ms. Pink said...

I don't think anybody should be required to wear a shirt at all times; my point to Iggy was that when you go on national TV, you might want to make a good impression. 63 and shirtless does not do that.

However, if we didn't have anybody looking like this on the beach, by the pool or in the park, who would we make fun of???