Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fairytale Wedding

My alarm is set, the recording is scheduled, my appointment book is clear - I'm ready for the Royal Extravaganza to begin. Whatever.  Am I the only one who really could care less that Kate is getting her prince?



It was exciting when Diana got married 30 years ago, and I even caught a glance of Fergie's wedding, but that's when I was a child and being a princess seemed like the ultimate dream.  After seeing how Princess Diana was hounded by the press, and how mean the press and the British people were to Fergie, I can't help but feel sorry for Kate.  "Run, Kate, Run!!" 

Maybe Prince William is nicer, or at least more affectionate than his father, and Queen Elizabeth won't be her mother in law, but she is still becoming part of the British Royal Family, and they just seem impossible to please.

The only reasons I can find to watch the wedding, is to see the wedding dress (which I will be perfectly happy to see a picture of later); if she has done the traditional thing and chosen hideous bridesmaid dresses; and last, to see what Prince Harry will do this time to embarrass the royal family.
I'm pretty sure they have tucked away that Nazi uniform he showed up at a party in a couple of years back, so my bet is he will just drink too much and be his normal "funny" self...

Photo by Boaz Yiftach/freedigitalphotos.net


Could get interesting, but still not worth getting up at o-dark-early for....

No comments: