Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Making It BIG!!

There is no sweeter revenge than success!  That definitely rings true for Gurbacksh Chahal, who was bullied in school and struggled to fit in as an immigrant from India in East San Jose, California.

Not that he seems to spend much time thinking of those who made his childhood tough.  Who would when you at 20-something,  have built and sold two companies at a total price of $340 million, employ 120 people and continue to grow your business to an international level? Impressive!!
Photo by Tungphoto/Freedigitalphotos.net

Reading about this young entrepreneur, I really like his outlook on life, and how he seems to have turned everything around to a positive:

On breaking free from bullies: My focus was to think: 'OK, I'm not going to have the most friends, be prom king or the most popular student — but so what?' I fell in love with the Internet, with business and the idea of being in control and knowing that my destiny was in my own hands. I became more determined than ever to succeed.

 When faced with rejection … embrace it. This will change the entire way you look at life. Whenever someone says they're not interested in working [for me] or buying [from me], it fuels my competitive side. It may not be today or even next year, but I will carefully design a strategy to get a "yes." And when a "yes" fuels you more than the actual deal or opportunity, you can embrace rejection in a much more competitive way.

With exception of his dropping out of school at 16, I hope my children and many others of the younger generation will look to this young man for inspiration and motivation!  Obviously most will never reach his level of success,  but learning to change negatives into positives and live with the determination Mr. Chahal seems to have, would make a huge difference in everyone's life.  His book is definitely on my reading list (the one that keeps on growing, but I can't quite seem to find time to conquer...)You can read more about him and his success story at MSN Business on Main.  

No comments: