Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Serial Dater No More...

Well, that was a short lived stunt.  Online dating is definitely not for me!  In a week, I encountered the very young, the very old, and the creepy guy (does there always have to be one of those?) amid a few seemingly interesting ones.  I found something "wrong" with most of them too, but mustered up courage and interest enough to actually meet one of them. For lunch. Daylight, time limit...yeah, that works for me.

Photo by Renjith Krishnan/FreeDigitalPhotos.net
However, I have a long way to go to reach the level of "serial dater." One requirement for making that work, I believe, would be to actually show up for dates, rather than cancel each and every one of them.  But why waste my time? At this point, I see no reason to give up my very limited free time for anybody unless my interest has truly been peaked. And certainly not for anyone who makes me feel uncomfortable before we have even met. There is a slight possibility I am being overly picky, but that is my prerogative. And I find that spending an evening out with girlfriends can be a whole lot more rewarding than a date with a stranger!
 
Then there was that one I actually would have liked to meet, but he told me my communication skills were sorely lacking....what?! Me, who have a hard time shutting up about anything, and can barely find time in the day to get it all out, is lacking communication skills? OK, he was right...not all communication was on top of my list to get done. Note to self, taking three days to answer a text message is not considered "reasonable time"... 

Oh well. I gave it a shot. Admittedly not my best one, but I tried. However, if my love horoscope for the year is to come true, I think it'll have to happen the old fashion way of meeting people face to face.

"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free till they find someone just as wild to run with them."  - Sex in the City

Yours truly and still oh so very single,
Ms. Pink.

No comments: