Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's All in the Mind

As much as I love pink, I too sometimes feel a bit blue.  A little down on myself and my life in general. I have found though, that surrounding myself with positive people, and constantly reinforcing positive thinking, makes me feel as if I can conquer any obstacle.

To quote Remez Sasson : "The difference between CAN and CANNOT are only three letters.  Three letters that determine your life's direction." Mr. Sasson has made a living from his positive thinking just by helping others do the same.  I have no aspiration of doing the same, but isn't it funny how our perception of our life or a certain situation makes all the difference in how we handle it? 

I am going through a bit of rough patch in my life, but I wake up with a smile on my face and wonder what great opportunities today will bring.  And with that attitude, I enjoy (or at least try my best to) every moment of the day.  If my dreams don't come true and I still have to struggle a bit to pay my bills, at least  I will do it with a smile on my face and be thankful for what I do have. Because, as Herm Albright (who I know nothing about) said, "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

No comments: