Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dating Etiquette

I am sitting here alone on a Saturday night wondering if I should be worried that my latest romantic fling is over.  Why, you say?  Well, life happens, and I had to cancel our date again. That was 7 hours ago, and he never even acknowledged that I canceled.  I checked the message to make sure I sent it to the right person, since I have been known to sometimes create a bit ackward situations by texting the wrong guy. It is not my fault that I have too many friends with the same first name!!  But this one went to the right person, and now that I see it in writing, canceling a date by text may not be the most personal way of doing it.  Kind of tacky if I may say so myself.

However, if I had called, I probably would have ended up telling him that I did not even try to get a baby sitter, because I really didn't feel like going out tonight.  Next weekend though,  I am certain I will be in the mood.  Unfortunately, by then, I may not have anybody to go out with.  Crap!  I guess when you cancel Valentine's dinner (even the belated ones) and the following weekend, it may seem you are not so interested.

Then again, if he wanted to see me, he could come visit me. Well, at least if I had told him where I live.  But if he really wanted to see me, he could have called and said he wanted to come see me, so I am blaming this entirely on him.  I am just being a good mom!

No comments: