Saturday, December 24, 2011

Dear Santa, I'm Running Out of Wine...

House is cleaned, cookies baked, turkey thawing out, presents wrapped and ready, stocking stuffers stuffed away in the closet....yep we're ready. Everybody else is in bed getting rested for Christmas, and I'm hanging out with my laptop and a bottle of wine...my last one...I might need another one or two to get through the festivities. Hear that Santa?  A bottle of wine, and the right numbers tomorrow night for the lottery...that's all I'm asking for :-)

As I'm getting all the stuff ready for Christmas, and have managed to keep the belief in Santa alive, not one, but both kids decide to pull out a tooth....here we go....where is my cash?  Well the little that's left, is in the bank, and there is no way I'm going out to get money at this hour. Hmmm, wonder if they'll still believe in the tooth fairy if the dollar comes in pennies? Guess we'll find out.  Maybe if I roll them, it'll be more believable? Or I could tell them the truth, but what's the fun in that?  

Really, they might be too old to believe in any imaginary figure at this time, but after spending a decade coming up with every possible story to keep the beliefs alive, there is no way I'm giving it up that easy!  I'll be the one proud mother with kids going in to high school still firm believers in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny. Unless they actually try to sneak money out of my wallet, where by now I have quite the collection of  teeth....I always wondered how that would look if I got stopped by the police and they for whatever reason wanted to go through my purse. "Ma'am, who do these teeth belong to?"  "Well officer, I keep those as a warning to my children...You know: "Just try to mess with me, and I'll knock yours out too"...

What is totally missing in my house though, is mistletoe. That must be the problem!   No wonder I'm sitting here in the company of me, myself and I. With all these cute delivery guys from Fedex, UPS and the postal service, I've let numerous opportunities pass by, just by failing to put up mistletoe in the door way....still time. They work tomorrow too, and I'm still missing a couple of deliveries :-)

But Santa, if that fails, in addition to my wine and the winning lottery ticket, it wouldn't hurt to bring the perfect guy!  Just in case you're still working on my list...

No comments: