Friday, May 4, 2012

Prince Charming...or his brother

You might be tired of me talking about dating, or severe lack thereof, failed internet dating attempts and so on; and if so, feel free to skip this post, because I'm at it again.

I have actually managed to go out on a few first dates...yeah, that's as far as it got.  Not that there was anything wrong with these guys. Quite contrary, I guess they could all be considered a catch. So why did it stop there?  No sparks.  Simple as that.



From joe-ks.com
Yes, I have passed 40, and yes, I realize that I am (or at least should be) looking for different qualities in a man than when I was a teenager.  I don't expect the whole fireworks, but I want sparks.  I want that instant attraction.  Not just to his looks, but to the whole man; his demeanor, intelligence, sense of humor and so on.  I want that butterfly feeling just by hearing his voice.   The problem seems to be finding all that I want in one man.

Recently I connected with one man who really does give me the butterfly feeling when I hear his voice.  Problem is, I have not actually met him.  And I keep making excuses... We get a long awfully good on the phone.  You know how some people makes your knees weak just by looking at you?  Same thing. This guy just has it in the voice; and what he says and how he says them, just makes it better.

So what could possibly be wrong?  Well, my fear is, that I won't like him in person.  Then what? My whole fantasy man would be ruined, and honestly, at this point, fantasy man is kind of nice to have. On the other hand, he could actually be everything I think he is...or want him to be.  Guess there is only one way to find out. So if on Monday you hear me talking about men never being what you expect them to be...well, then  I guess my expectations may have been too high.

No comments: