Monday, February 27, 2012

Skank Police

Another sign I am getting older!!  Ms. Goody Two Shoes here couldn't stop herself this weekend, and turned in to the skank police....But these "girls" deserved it.  

We were enjoying our girls' night out at what we thought was a decent club, with a more mature crowd, when two younger women decided to jump up a ledge and dance. Which is fine....I have to admit I have danced on top of bars back in the days, so who am I to judge?  

However, after having one flash her crotch at us in her much too short dress, not only showing everything under the dress, but also the layers of cellulite on the thighs; and the other thrusting her hips in this guy's face - and him responding by pretending to lick her, we were so grossed out I had to say something.  

And say something I did!  I told the dress girl to please pull her dress down and cover her crotch and cellulite, and I looked at the other one and like an old, prude aunt asked "How old are you?  Will you please behave yourself? You are an embarrassment to women!"  They kind of looked at me in disbelief - I guess they were expecting compliments. Sorry, I was fresh out of those!  Then I told the gross guy to please save mankind from ever having to see that kind of behavior in public again, turned on my heal and went back to dancing with my friends. They looked around a little worried, wondering if there were anyone else that didn't meet my standard of approval. There probably was, but they escaped my new found need to express my opinion of their skankiness that night...
Photo by photostock/Freedigitialphotos.net

Forty-something is a great age! Five years ago, I would never have gone up to a stranger to express my disapproval of their behavior.  Not in a million years.  I still have filters.  I don't just walk up to strangers to tell them what is on my mind, but when I see behavior like this, I guess the mother in me comes out.  If my daughter ever behaved like that at a club or a party, I would smack her silly - I don't care if she was 25 or older. If you want to behave like that, do it in a strip club where it is expected and you get paid, not at a club where you end up just being the skank dancing on the table (then again, if a daughter of mine ever decided to work in a strip club, there would be a very lengthy discussion where she would be on the losing end from the beginning!).

I'm not planning on speaking my mind freely to anyone and everyone, but this time it actually felt good to say something and not just wrinkle my nose in disapproval.  Those two needed to hear it, I thought, and at  this point, I really don't care if it truly is my place to say something or not. If I have something to say, it will come out :-)

No comments: