Monday, March 5, 2012

Teen Is Well Paid for Cleaning His Room

Last week, I was laughing at this Facebook post where a mother posted a note stating she had hid $100,- in the room, and for the kids to clean the room to find it. Brilliant, I thought!  I will definitely try that one at my house.  However, for Ryan Kitchin of Scotland, the reward proved to be much greater.

Photo by FreeDigitalPhotos.net
When the 19-year old finally listened to his mother and cleaned his room, he found not only dirty socks, but several lottery tickets. Luckily he did not throw the tickets out, but brought them to work to check the numbers. And what do you know? Young Kitchin had picked the right combination for the February 8 drawing, rendering him the winner of £52,981, or $83,781...  I really wish that would happen when I clean the house!!

So what is he planning on doing with the money?  According to msnbc.com,   Kitchin is paying off his car, and....aaawww, taking his mom on a much needed vacation!  Mr. Nice Guy for sure!!  I am making sure my son hears this story, so he knows what to do, should this ever happen to him too :-)

No comments: