Monday, May 23, 2011

Discovered at 40

I am definitely not one of those moms to push for kid-stardom. But my kids love to sing and act, and have been begging for me to find them a venue to be in a commercial, stage play or, of course, a movie. So to show my support, I told them I would sign them up with a talent agency, and maybe, if they are lucky, they can get some work.  So off to the agency we go, pictures in hand, and a great deal of self confidence coming from the back seat.


Photo By jscreationz/FreeDigitalPhotos.net
We met with this really nice lady. The kids were on their best behavior and made a good first impression, for once. Then, as we are finishing up our appointment, the lady says: "So what about you, mom?"  Yeah, what about me? I'm 40, totally none-photogenic, can't act or sing (at least not outside the shower)....But  she was very convincing, and the flattery apparently gave me a huge ego boost.



Photo by Salvatore Vuono/FreeDigitalPHotos.net

 Bottom line is your truly now has an agent.... LMAO!! (and one that doesn't charge up front fees, nonetheless.)  I can't believe I'm actually admitting to this, but I figure all I need is one little job to say I was "discovered at 40"...So all afternoon, I've been flipping my hair, sticking my nose up in the air and practicing the whole diva thing, right along with the kids.  Hollywood, here we come LOL.  

I apologize for  going a little overboard on this one, but at this stage, I'll take the compliments and enjoy them as they come.  Tomorrow morning I'll wake up and look in the mirror and  be back to reality for sure, so I figure I'm entitled to my one day of divaness.  Now just imagine the disappointment if they were to call me for products targeted at older women...."here's Ms. Pink starring in a Tena Pad commercial..." No, think I'll go back to a couple more hours as the diva instead. 

No comments: