Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday Morning...

I haven't had much to say lately; or I guess, more correctly, haven't had much I wished to share.  The past few weeks, I've let life's little crisis get in the way of most, spending more  time being annoyed at incompetent customer service representatives, angry at people for not living up to my expectations, doubting my own abilities and so on and so forth...no use in spewing out the negative crap, so I chose to be silent instead. But what is it they say?   

"It is not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters." Epictetus  

That line has rung true for centuries, and still is.  It's all in the attitude. I know you have heard me say it before, but I guess I needed a reminder (read attitude adjustment!) myself.

Photo by Kangshutters/FreeDigitalPhotos.net


Some times life seems overbearing, but really, all one has to do is turn on the news to realize that things could be so much worse!  

My kids may  be loud and obnoxious, ungrateful at times, and definitely argumentative.  But they are alive and healthy, do well in school, have good friends, and I doubt, will ever be targeted as a "suspicious person" based on their looks by a neighborhood watch person, with the tragic consequences that has proven to have. I may not have a large family or a million friends, but my family is close; we all care about each others well being and enjoy each others company, and my friends I can count on to always be there for me when I need them as they can with me. I don't need to be Ms. Popular, I just need a few good women and men :-) I don't have the biggest house, but I have a place to call home. In these times, that should no longer be taken for granted.  

Yes, I want more out of life, and yes, I want to better myself and provide better for my children.  But in the mean time, I really try listening to my second favorite quote;  

"He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have." Socrates

So here's to a happy Monday and a great week!!


No comments: