Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools

A little late in the day, but better late than never...

It's always fun to fool somebody on this day, especially the kids.  I got them good last year when I told them their spring break got canceled because their cousin was sick...unfortunately the "April Fools" came a little too late, and both were crying their eyes out before I got that far.  I still got a good laugh, but somehow they didn't think it was so funny.  Then, as my son was in the bathroom, I screamed and yelled for him to "kill it!!!" acting like a big bug crawled under the door.  The other one, who did not see any bug, but knows how they freak me out, chimed in and screamed even louder than me.  Poor guy!  I opened the door, and he was sitting with both feet planted on top of the toilet seat while screaming and looking for the monster bug...they didn't find that one amusing either,  but again, I got a good laugh. 

Well, payback's a bitch! As we went out for a "family fun Sunday", we're driving along, talking and singing along to the radio and having a great time, when my son (with last year's April Fools fresh in mind) yells from the back seat - "OMG there's bug on your seat!"  

I may not have full blown entomophobia, but I scream like a school girl when I see bugs.  Yes, any bugs! Allowing the kids, against my better judgement, to eat in the car, I always bitch about the messes they make, and my standard statement is "This is like a feast for bugs, is that what you want? A bug infested car?" So of course there is no doubt in my mind, this actually happened, and I am envisioning bugs crawling out from every vent...eeewwww! With both of them yelling from the back seat, now informing me it crawled over the top of the seat, I am ready to jump out of a moving car.  I screamed, pulled the car in to the next side street and jumped out while yelling "where is it?  Did it get on me?" all while jumping up and down, brushing off my back and hair, and ready to tear off my shirt.  Then i hear the roaring laughter from the back seat...."April Fools!! Told you we'd get you back!"

They have no idea how close they got to be put up for adoption.....but oh, I will get them back!!  Muahahaha....

No comments: